Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Reading the Bible

I’m still working through the Old Testament after reading the New Testament some years ago.

I keep a beautiful leather-bound of the New Revised Standard Version on the lamp table. The volume was given to me when I joined Marble.

On my Kindle phone app I read the Holman Christian Standard Bible. Great for train trips and waiting on long lines at Walgreens.

And because my eyes tire easily, I’ve also been listening to a great podcast on Spotify called Bible: Beginning to End, a straight reading from the New Living Translation with questions (but no answers) for thought after every chapter or so.
I used to think that reading the Bible was something I would do when I finished reading everything else important. Or watching everything on Netflix. Or when I was fully retired. But now that I’m immersed in it, I wish I had done it sooner. My father told me that there is something on every page of the Bible that is good for you. He was right.

No comments: